Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hoops (still in lack of a better name...)

This is that kind of project, where you start out with great enthusiasm, just to figure out that you really don´t know what to do - and then you stay like that for a loooooong time.

I think I bought these hoops a couple of year ago, and then they have been waiting in the corner of my livingroom, doing nothing but collecting dust.

Now I finally got something made. That´s fine. I just haven´t figured out yet what it is..... hence the lack of a proper title and explanation of what this is about.

The materials are hoops (made by DaneWood), silk in 2 colours, dried flowers, bird skeleton, fish skeleton, lacquer with Remazol dye (a way to colour lacquer and keep it transparent at the same time), filtet wool and horsehair, human teeths, printed text ("I have no skin, and therefore I can´t stop people from touching me inside"), pig intestine, Paverpol sculpture glue, glass beads formed as tears, white horsehair and a artificial eye (they took a lot of money for shipping it to Denmark, som I´m NOT going to advertise that company).

So in lack of an explanation, I´ll just give you the photos.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But when you use that taxidermy company from the US, it suddenly becomes very inexpensive, no?

And I agree with Laura Morrison on the title unless you have an epiphany. We all jump through Hoops to some degree. The meanings are manifold.

I am excited for your Hoops, Sadie. And for you.

Sadie Ruben said...

Well, it was inexpensive finally figuring out to go through you, but I lost quite some money before I found that out:-0

And yes, maybe Hoops will stick to this as the title. I haven´t thought about it, but you´re right and we go through A LOT of hoops in our life...